Dark Arts Exhibition - Bram Stoker International Film Festival, 2013 (slideshow)
Desucon: Fantasy II, 2014, Oslo Kongressenter
Dark Arts Exhibiton - Bram Stoker International Film Festival, 2014 (slideshow)
Desucon: Cosplay & Japan, 2014, Oslo Kongressenter
Desucon: Cosplay & Japan, 2015, Oslo Kongressenter
GeeKon, 2016, Oslo Kongressenter
Desucon, 2016, Norges Varemesse Lillestrøm
Desucon, 2017, Norges Varemesse Lillestrøm
Desucon, 2018, Norges Varemesse Lillestrøm
Exhibitions / Artstands
As a freelance artist I have chosen the alias Catzy Munster, but my real name is Catrine Andersen and I am known for my obsessions with details in drawings, and also paintings inspired by movie monsters and the use of strong color combinations.
Although I have drawn most of my life I started painting with acrylics when I was 15 and sold my first painting the following year. Now being chronically ill I don't paint as much as I'd like to. With an eye for details, I prefer these days to replace the pencil with artist pens, or combine both.
I've been closed for commissions for several years now because of health issues, but work towards being able to start up again in the future. I struggle with fibromyalgia and CFS/ME, and it affects my creativity periodically.
I was much in demand for commission work previously, and did designed various things from album art to tattoo designs. These days I decline ALL requests.
Most inspired by Universal's classical movie monsters and old black'n'white movies, my use of color in paintings are intense and expressionistic. It all started with my interest for movie history, as I tilted over to the genre of horror. I have always been creative, and it gave me the chance to combine two of my biggest interests. I see a lot of myself in the classical monsters, and since they are originally in black and white, it gives me the freedom to color them as I see them for myself.
- "Permanente linjer", e-book written by me in norwegian, started 2013
- Merchandise design and bandlogo for Sandberg (facebook.com/kksandberg)
- Book illustrations for J. Reuben Silverbird, coming 2017
- Commission for Cherokee/Apache peace ambassador and musician,
J. Reuben Silverbird
- Vinylcover for the album "The Last Pagans" for the band Shipwrecked, in collaboration with producer and drummer Ollie Andersen
- Illustrating the childrensbook "Skogsalvenissen Laurits", not offically published
- Cover for the EP "DEMOnic #1" for the band Shrine of Haunted